Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 6, 2011

Poker Night Beans

October 26, 1994


1 lb. dry pinto beans
6 lb. beef rump roast
1 T. shortening
1 c. banana peppers
2 c. tomato juice
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. brown sugar
2 1/2 t. salt
1 t. each: dry mustard and thyme
dash onion salt

Wash beans, cover and soak overnight. Bring beans to a boil and cook 1 hour, drain, discard water. Brown roast in a roaster in shortening. Add peppers and cook 2 minutes. Add beans and remaining ingredients. Cover and bake 3 hours at 350* until meat and beans are done. Serves 10.

Don't we all a friend or two of the opposite sex that is purely platonic? Jim and his brother Joel are my best friends forever. How many fun times over beer and poker and shenanigans. I love you both dearly.

Halloween Friends: tune; Mary had a little lamb.

I'm a little Frankenstein, Frankenstein, Frankenstein
You can be a friend of mine, a friend of Frankenstein.

I'm a little belfry bat, belfry bat, belfry bat
If you find me in your hat, it's me the belfry bat.

I'm a scary skeleton, skeleton. skeleton
I can frighten anyone, a scary skeleton

I'm a goblin, I'm a ghost. goblin ghost goblin ghost
Guess who's going to scare you most
A goblin and a ghost

All together we're a sight, we're a sight
Out to give the folks a fright
On Halloween night!

1 comment:

  1. The October volume is finalized now. as you tell, October is my favorite month.

    ReplyDelete